XC come down

Ugh, I am having eventing withdrawals! Our next event isn't until the end of March since a family member kindly decided to have an important party on the weekend of the next eventing date. I'll just have to console myself with an eventing clinic next weekend.
Jumping pictures forever

Henry had a ride last night after a week off so I could focus on having Coolie ship shape for the comp. I find Henry always feels so much better after a week or so off. Time off for him doesn't worry me, since he is 4 and still growing. I think it probably helps his mind and body to relax and recover from the hard work of learning new stuff.

He was a good boy yesterday, his transitions were spot on and he was much straighter. In particular his canter felt wonderful. I kept it short and finished with a paddle in the dam.
Hen is tired even thinking about work. 

Coolie got a lunge so he could have a stretch. He was so lazy but I think he appreciated getting a chance to stretch and a good brush to scratch his itchy spots.
A pro pic from the weekend

I'm hoping to work both of the boys tonight, maybe Henry will do some jumping. Competition come downs suck, this week is a struggle and I can't wait to be back out on course galloping and jumping.
Sorry not sorry

Comments

  1. omg i'm right there with ya on feeling withdrawals from all that sweet sweet adrenaline. and i can imagine the feeling has only increased after getting out for your season opener!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts