Good boys!

Last night I rode two ponies! Nothing like jumping straight back in, but I can't wait for the season to start and we have time to make up. Plus I think Henry has been bored without having a job to do.

Henry was up first, and I surprised myself by not being at all nervous. When we got back from our holiday I was nervous until I got on him. Yesterday I got straight on knowing he would do nothing worse than be a bit forward. Well Henry proved me right, except he was a bit slow if anything! All my buttons were right where I left them and it felt like he had been ridden just yesterday. He was a little more inconsistent into the contact than normal, and looking back at the videos I don't look as solid in the saddle and I think I am starting to lean too far forward now.

I kept the ride pretty quick and easy, but really enjoyed myself. I even had a canter on a very long rein! Henry's self carriage is a bit patchy but it was there yesterday. I think I might have a play around with a few bits. The Myler I have him in is ok but he leans on my hands so a loose ring might be worth a try.

Coolie was up next and he felt a bit flat, I think the humidity was getting to him. We worked on suppling, and getting him to bend around my leg more. He perked up after we had a canter and I got some really nice work out of him. I kept it pretty light again but it was great to feel the connection into my hand and he is just so much more consistent.

It was great hopping on both boys and having such positive rides. My body felt a lot better but I still have a fair amount of fitness work to do. Speaking of which, I have been making good progress on exercising and eating well in the last 2 weeks. I'm not quite up to running yet but I have been power walking everyday, plus I am sticking to my cleaned up diet and not missing any bad (but yum!) foods. Last week was a bit harder but this week, so far so good. Hubby fixed up the bikes so at the weekend we are going to have a go at cycling to the horses from home. I had a brief spin on the bike yesterday and can feel some new muscles already!

Comments

Popular Posts