No more stitches!

Yesterday I got the stitches in my leg out, 17 days after the accident. I was a bit worried about getting them out because they looked a bit too embedded in my leg but it was totally painless. The nurses and the doctor who saw me were all so impressed at how well everything was healing, and so am I!

I had originally planned to ride on Wednesday, partially because the weather was supposed to be very wet, and partially because I wasn't sure how I would be feeling after I got my stitches out. Then we had the bad weather on Monday, and I felt like I just wanted to jump straight in with riding, plus I entered out first competitions of the season, so I hoped on Coolie.

I was surprised at how unfit and ineffective I felt. It's amazing how fast you lose your fitness, and I really felt it during my ride. I kept it easy because it was very humid and my leg was sore but coolie looked after me so well and he felt great for having had some time off.

Now we have to get cracking for the upcoming season, I am planning to start back at our lessons next week!

Comments

Popular Posts