Oops...

We went to the beach on New Years Eve. It was Henry's first time so I had a good plan in place to make sure things went smoothly. I had thought that Henry would be a good boy, going from his past behaviour but I had a plan if things went bad.

I had planned to ride Coolie and lead Henry as Coolie is a pro at the beach and I thought I would be safest on a horse. That idea went south very quickly and I ended up leading Henry.

Henry was a very good boy, he tried really hard to keep himself together but waves are very scary. He was ok about the water but every time a tiny wave came he freaked out.

At one point I had my back to the sea and a wave came. Henry decided he needed saving and leapt towards me. Sadly horse vs. human doesn't end well!

Henry pushed me towards the sea and under water, then ran me over. I felt a hoof hit the side of my head and thought to myself, 'this is going to be bad!'.

I surfaced and jumped right up. My friend was running towards me and her face told me it looked worse than it felt. I had blood all down my face coming from my ear and a cut on my knee. We rushed home, dropped of the horses and the dogs and then straight to hospital.

The hospital cleaned me up and made sure I had nothing broken. They informed me a plastic surgeon would have to fix my ear as the cartilage was torn. They patched me up and sent me off to another hospital.

Royal Perth admitted me and I saw the surgeon. I was given the option of surgery with local anaesthetic or general anaesthetic. Local would mean I could get stitched up same day but general I'd have to wait days for. So I manned up and went local.

OH MY GOD. I have never been more scared and FUCK it hurt. But I got patched up and only told the surgeon I hated him a handful of times.

16 stitches in my ear, narrowly avoiding a skin graft and 3 stitched and a beach flushed out of my leg and I was fixed. Now I have a sexy bandage on my head for a week and everything hurts!


Comments

Popular Posts