2018 Goals

I didn't set hard and fast goals last year. Things were too heartbreaking with Dakota and I what I wanted to achieve with Coolie was very ambitious so I didn't write it down. I had goals in my head and I definitely achieved some of them, but it's hard to keep track of what you're doing if things aren't written down!

This year I have decided to shake things up. Last year was a huge emotional drain and I feel I don't love eventing like I used too. The nerves I feel before competing are taking the fun out of it. i think so much of that has to do with losing Dakota and wanting to upgrade. The upgrade to 105 pushed me well out of my comfort zone to the point where now it just feels unacheivable on Coolie. I also think that it wont be as fun for him to do it. If we still had Dakota I reckon I'd be there with her!

So as I have said in previous posts, this year is going to about all the fun things!

Coolie

Improve our dressage score
Get more consistent in dressage
Work on maintaining the contact in the canter
Get consistent counter canter
Get flying changes
Improve consistency in lateral movements
Attempt an Elementary test
Improve self carriage in all paces, especially canter and gallop
Improve lengthening and shortening strides in canter
Leave all the poles up!
Have more adjustability on XC
Attend hunter trials
Ride out with friends more
Do a 20km endurance ride
Ride 5-6 times per week
Incorporate more fitness rides at pony club, once per fortnight
Get a better stretch!


Henry

Improve canter departs to be more on the aids
Improve groundwork
Continue to improve straightness
Attend a dressage training day
Attend a show jumping training day
Go XC training
Ride at Darling Downs
Attend a clinic
Enjoy training
Take time in what we do and don't feel pressure to rush things
Compete and complete a competition
Ride 3-4 times per week

Me

Lose 10kg.
Run 5x per week
Eat less chocolate
Reduce alcohol consumption
Enjoy eventing again
Investigate becoming an eventing steward
Set weekly schedule for rides
Be more organised about everything
Attend more clinics with new coaches
Have fun riding without feeling pressure to climb the grades
Look after myself better physically and mentally


Most of my goals are linked and are intended to build on each other to achieve a greater goal over all. 

Comments

Popular Posts