Throw Back Thursday

For some reason I was looking back at old photos yesterday, I can't remember why. I started looking at pictures of Dakota and I realised that while I miss her, it hurts less now. There is still a great big Dakota sized hole but it is being patched by a nice Henry sized filler. Oh, and therapy helped too.

Anyway, I thought I would do a TBT to some special Oranges that helped shaped my life!

The first was Pete. Pete is the whole reason I like oranges, and he started me off on the eventing path. He didn't really like it but he tried his best and we had a lot of fun doing a lot of different stuff together. He was an older thoroughbred gentleman, who had had a long hard life prior to his owner buying him and then me leasing him. He was a very special fellow and holds a special place in my heart.
Oranges go faster 
First ODE ever



Section of 4

XC training 

SJ

My very first SJ round


Next up was Coolie, he has helped me through some tough times and we have had so many adventures together, hopefully plenty left to come too!
Our first win and our first eventing ribbon. Killing it at 45cm!





Finally Miss D. She was so special in every way. Dakota taught me so many lessons, she challenged me and I am so grateful for every second I had with her.
D's first event

D's first eventing rosette 

Sums up her life, locked on and ready to go

The day she came home


Her first SJ round

On holidays 

Meeting Coolie

Bonus Orange is Rahji the dog we had while I was growing up. He was special too, but not always in a good way!



Comments

Popular Posts