So grown. Much Mature

I decided to cram a lesson in this week, between Henry's grown up horse outings. I figured it would help him settle on Sunday and hopefully focus on working.
I'm a grown up horse now!

Henry was very chilled out when we arrived and started warming up. I think that his foray into the grown up horse world has matured him. he strolled around on a long rein while we warmed up, and although he was curious to know what was going on around him he didn't change his rhythm.

We got right to work on staying straight and correcting him falling to the right. We also had a look at my position to get me straight, and my leg more forward. I had to feel like I was leaning right back, as per usual it felt weird and wrong but I was straight and my legs were more underneath me. I seem to have different problems between the two horses. I guess if I mash them together I will get it right?

We put the neck rope to work, lifting my right hand in transitions to help stop Henry falling right. Bec wanted me to use the rope, then if I got a good transition do the next one without the rope to build the training. Henry is far less on the forehand since we started using the rope, and his transitions are certainly better if I keep his shoulders up.

We also worked on keeping the same rhythm all the time, and for Henry at this point in time his trot has to be slightly slower at about 73bpm. It is quite hard for Henry to maintain the same rhythm, changing the rein causes him to slow down, and distractions cause him to either speed up or slow down and I have to be responsible to keep it the same.

We took the same exercises into canter and the transitions were surprisingly straight. Hen still struggles to pick up the correct lead when we are out so to the left our transition wasn't that great but to the right it was great!

Nothing was super ground breaking up the kid felt very grown up. Bec was impressed by his attitude and agreed that he had matured since the weekend. Very proud of my young man!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts