Big leaps

I have an exciting weekend planned this weekend. One of my favourite events of the year is on and while I am sadly not competing, Hubs and I are heading up to jump judge on Sunday which I am really looking forward to.

Coolie has had a very relaxing week, well earnt after his busy start to the year! I plan on picking things back up with him next week and continuing to work on our dressage. I need to book him in for a lesson really, and plan some cross country training in the next few weeks.

Henry has been the main focus this week, and will continue in the limelight next week too. He has his first big boy grown up outings planned! I think I am more excited than nervous, and the reality is he is ready to take this next step.

Tomorrow we are attending a clinic just for retired race horses being held at the state equestrian center, with coaches who are experienced with thoroughbreds. My coach will be one of the coaches there although I don't know who I am having a lesson with yet. The best part about this clinic is that it's free! Henry and I are doing a flat work lesson, and it's going to be his first time working in an arena with other horses.

Fingers crossed he is a good boy, these days nearly a year into our partnership I am fairly confident how he will react to things but this is a new situation so we will see!

Anyone else have exciting plans for the weekend? Covering new ground with their horse?

Comments

Popular Posts