Moora CNC - Show jumping

Saturday afternoon saw us show jumping. We were parked about as far away as you can get from the arenas so I tacked Coolie up and walked up with him to be there in time for the course walk and give myself a bit of extra time to warm up.
Helping friends before SJ

The course was nice and inviting but the distances were all long. I was waiting my turn to go into the warm up (limited to 5 horses at a time) and I had a quick chat to my friend. All of a sudden there were no other horses waiting so I went in to warm up. For some reason the order was a total mess and they kept calling for riders and sending some out of order and some in order. I was turned away when I presented to the marshal, so I kept moving and waited my turn. Warm up was made even trickier trying to avoid a bee swarm that decided to take up residence in a tree next to the arena.

I was called in and presented to the judge. I went in and gave my name, the judge said hi, knowing my Husband is a fellow judge and off we went. I wanted a smooth round without the buzzing we usual get. It's a fine line between too buzzy and not enough power and rhythm which is why we had 3 down at Harvey.

I sent Coolie forward and he cleared the first beautifully. Then I steadied through the turn too much to 2, we drifted right and got too close having it down. We got the right rhythm before 3 and the rest of the course was fantastic. The longer lines came up beautifully, it was a course that really rewarded forward riding. Coolie felt amazing and he certainly put some air over the fences.

Lots of people got rails, there were only a handful of clear rounds so I was pleased. So many people were adding strides in the related line and the double and it was a bit messy. We moved up to 12th after SJ, still right in the middle of the field.

I cooled Coolie off and popped him into his yard, making sure he was fully rugged to keep him clean!

That rug is usually white
Hubs and I went off to walk the XC course again, I made sure I was happy with the lines I would take. I took no pictures of the course though, since it was already uploaded to the app I use, just without pictures.

By the time we were done I was knackered, I walked a total of 22.5km!

Comments

  1. congrats for getting so many nice jumps out of Coolie in a tricky course!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts