Soft hands neck rope

When Manu came to WA she bought woth her the Soft Hands neck rope. I used it in my lessons with both horses and the difference was amazing.

I bought my own, ordering from the lady who owns the company and is also a Manu student in Tasmania. I opted for black because I am super boring like that.

The rope came a week after I ordered it and I have been using it for every flat ride on both horses since.
Henry does not model black stuff well, but I was using it here!

Who knew a rope would make such a big difference. It really is quite simple, a long bit of rope, with a loop in either end, and a second monkey type rope that you attached to the D rings on your saddle. Simple! Having it attache to the saddle means I can drop it and pick it up as I feel I need it and can always be confident it is within easy reach.























My position is way better, with and without the rope, both horses are lifting in their shoulders more, Coolie more accepting of the contact, Henry no longer nose diving into downward transitions. My hands are steady and maintaining a much better contact.

I have used the rope to warm up with at competitions and noticed that my position is better and that Coolie is more consistent to the contact and up through his shoulders as a result.

Overall this is a super handy tool to have, and for something so simple I am getting great benefits!


Comments

  1. I’ve heard a lot of great things about using neck ropes - esp for biomechanics work. Glad it’s been so helpful for you too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts