Superman!

Henry had a jump on Tuesday. My aim was to continue to develop cantering into fences, and consolidate that oxers wont kill us.

I had a course set for Coolie last week which included a grid, 3 uprights set one stride apart, before making one upright into a spread. Coolie jumped through everything super, as you'd expect.

I simplified it a bit for Henry, starting with the middle fence being a small cross rail and the other 2 being a pole. We trotted through, then cantered. Once he got the hang of it I put up a second cross and trotted and cantered through until it was smooth. He nailed it off the right rein but found it harder on the left.

Finally I made the second jump a little oxer. I chose not to put the third fence up because I didn't want to totally fry him. Of course being the little star student that he is he tried REALLY hard. He was game. He gave it everything he had.

Started normal enough

Then he added a little bit extra just to make sure we got over it!
 Yeah, he isn't super sure about where his legs go. It's funny though because wider XC jumps caused him no issues. Also I think he's going to be a fairly clean jumper, he don't like touching those poles!

He put the same amount of effort in every time. It's a bit awkward to ride, and I sure got left behind a bit!


We included some other jumps that were no big deal, then I decided to trot over the little skinny jump I had set up.

Coolie showing how it's done
He's never jumped anything that narrow. He is pretty straight though. I decided to trot to keep control of the shoulders.
Why yes, that is exactly how it's done!

In true Henry fashion he popped right over. We did it a few more times including cantering over it.


He's pretty cute about it all. 


Comments

Popular Posts