Scratching from the last event of the year.

It sucks, especially when your horse has been feeling great right up until the day before. Then BOOM. Lame horse and nothing obvious. So we scratched.

Thursday we had a jumping lesson and it was tough. My wonderful coach is definitely pushing us harder and expecting more from us. It was one of those lessons where I just felt like I was doing everything wrong. Then suddenly it all clicked and it was amazing. We nailed tight turns to oxers, Coolie was jumping super and we felt like we had all the time in the world to prepare for the next jump.
Lawn mowing
Friday morning, Coolie was SO lame. I was worried, but couldn't find anything obvious and he had improved by Friday afternoon. Very frustrating and disappointing. I would rather he rested and was happy but it doesn't make it much easier.

Coolie was fine by Saturday afternoon. I think he reacted to his Pentosan injection I gave him on Wednesday as he had a slight swelling on his chest. Who knows. Instead, Husband and I went for breakfast, did house things, went for lunch, saw friends and generally had a good weekend.
Fun projects!

So we have missed the last 3 phase event of our year, but we have one last competition this coming weekend. we are going to have SO MUCH FUN, because that's why I do it. And no dressage. This is not the end of the season i had hopped for, having scratched from our last 3 events for 3 different reasons but we have our plan in pace for next year and things can only get better!

Comments

Popular Posts