Solo Cross Country

Usually we train cross country with my coach and a bunch of buddies.

This week in the lead up to Capel, having not been out for some time and trying to avoid spooky cross country mode, I loaded up Sir and dragged my wonderful husband out to practice by ourselves.

The plan was to flow to the fences, practice combinations, and maintain the rhythm and adjustability. Pretty much what we do in lessons, except I had to be responsible for fixing my own mistakes.
Dis what happens when I fiddle. 

It was really valuable because I felt what happened when I made a mistake and then went back and fixed it. When I fiddled into a fence we got a bad spot. When I re-balanced and left him the hell alone, it just happened!
Splash!

I also have to be faster to react and not sit there like a sack of potatoes when things start going wrong, i.e. fix the drift early and be stronger when Coolie spooks at a fence. My position was a heap better and my hands were good hands. That is a big win if you ask me.

Really though we just had fun!

Comments

Popular Posts