A weekend through the ears

After a busy few weekends it was nice to have a bit more of a casual weekend.


Friday arvo was spent riding in the bush with my wonderful OH enjoying a bit of sun!

Saturday we were back up at the pony club, I rode Henry and OH rode Coolie. We had a session working on the flat before we revisited the bank and ditch. Again Henry was super and there was even a puddle in the water jump that he 'jumped' into.  I then hopped on Coolie to work him a bit harder on the flat before we headed home.

Camo!
Unloading the horses was a little more exciting than usual, I opened the storm door and it fell off the float, the pins having rusted through! A panic called to OH who I had dropped home on the way, I took a few deep breaths and remembered


Tried out his jumping gear
I am a tough horse girl who can solve her own problems so I toddled off to get a spanner. I removed the storm door that was attached by the gas struts and unloaded the horses. Panic over, but now we have to get that fixed!

Sunday I loaded the two horse on the float (Henry is super good at self loading now!) and headed up to my coaches place for a bush ride. My friend Emily rode Coolie, I rode Henry and my coach took her young horse out. Coolie was the super baby sitter, not spooking at anything. Henry was his usual chilled self, happy to lead or go last and coped very well in a bigger group.

Sometimes it is lovely to just enjoy horses without competing!

Comments

Popular Posts