Easter Long Weekend

After our event on Friday and Saturday, we had a nice relaxing weekend.
Arthur is all about relaxing
 We enjoyed family dinner Saturday night for my Grans birthday, my mum makes amazing food and I made cake and it was awesome. My Dad and Hubs have been working out how best to light the paddock so I can ride in the dark so we tested some lights too. We have got the right lights for the job now, so we have to get digging. Rain to soften the ground would be helpful though.
Coolie looking awesome over the last jump at the weekend

Saturday night I was rather ill, which put a damper on our plans for Sunday. We had an easy house day, tidying and doing boring stuff. Sadly no riding, I just didn't have the energy. No idea where the mystery illness came from but I was all good by Sunday night.

Monday started with an 8km run. Just have to add another 4 over the next 6 weeks and we will be good to go for the Run for a Reason. I'm surprised at how much I have enjoyed running. Then we did more home stuff before it was pony time.
Bloody love this horse

Coolie and I had a play date with Emily and her old man orange, Brock at a place called Darling Downs.  Brock is quite new to Emily so she wanted to take him for a low key outing to see how he was in new places. Brock has been there done that so we were both pretty sure he would be fine, but I took Coolie just in case.

The Oranges had a nice relaxed walk and they were both super. Coolie got to stretch out his legs after our comp and he felt really good. I was pleased with how he pulled up. After riding around the trails for about an hour we got back to the main part of Darling Downs, which has 2 arenas, a slow work track, and a little XC course. We decided to let the horses canter around the slow work track. It was a total blast, Coolie stayed in self carriage, and listened to me when I half halted. Brock also enjoyed himself!

Old man Oranges
If this warm weather keeps up I think I am going to have to clip this weekend. Someone has gotten rather hairy and is sweating balls. Plus it seems like summer will NEVER END. I don't want to complain but some rain would be nice!

Comments

Popular Posts