2 Years

How time flies, it's hard to believe that 2 years ago I bought my wonderful little Henry home.

A lot changes in 2 years, and Henry has gone from a nervous 3 year old to a confident, happy and content 5 year old.
First lesson

Thinking back over the last 2 years we have both undergone some big changes and overcome some challenges. It's not been an easy couple of years but looking back I don't regret anything. Henry is turning into a better horse than I could hope for.

This time last year, Henry had just done his first few big outings and competitions. It was an exciting and nerve wracking time for me, and while he was mostly a good boy sometimes it was all a bit much for him.
His first 'scary' jump

Last year I really struggled to balance my time between competing Coolie and riding Henry but this year Henry has unexpectedly stepped up to the role as my main riding horse.

We had really only just started jumping and this was met with some quite dramatic attempts. Now jumping is old news and Henry is much more conservative in his form.

I had my first fall off Henry, and it shook my confidence more than I could imagine. I've since fallen off several more times and got over it!

I really couldn't imagine life without this sweet horse, who wants to be involved in everything you do. All the struggles we have been through over the last two years make all our successes so much sweeter.
Jumping is old hat now

I can't wait to see where we will be in another 2 years, it's going to be fun and exciting getting there!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts