Winter?!

So apparently it's winter here. Seems like the  weather hasn't got the memo because it's still warm and dry. There is no soil moisture and everything is just dust! It's supposed to change on Thursday and they are predicting a heap of rain, up to about 60mm but we will see. I am hopeful because the whole state needs the rain and the front thats supposed to come through is going to do a big chunk of it (keeping in mind WA fits both Texas and Alaska in it, or the UK 11times).

I entered a show for this weekend which often gets cancelled because it's too wet. Since it hasn't rained in weeks I figured we might get  away with it, but it would seem not. I'll hold tight and see what happens regardless but I wont be sad if it gets cancelled, we need the rain.

I was supposed to have a lesson tonight but Henry had a bit of an accident in the paddock. He has scraped his back legs up a bit and was feeling pretty tender and was slightly lame so he's out for a few days at least. A break wont do him harm, but I want to get cracking some more and well, we are supposed to go to a show! I am hopeful he is feeling more like himself tomorrow but if not, we will pay the vet a visit. Being a true horse person I have already gone right to worst case scenario so probably he will be completely fine and just need a few days!
Would like to get back to this ASAP!

Coolie got to be stand in horse and we went for a nice bush ride. He really hasn't been getting enough work so I need to sit down and work out a good routine so that I ride him a couple of days a week along with Andrew. He's just a bit fat and I would like him to be slimmer! Looking at him now you'd never think he was a fit hunk of a horse this time last year.




Comments

  1. Hope H heals up quickly so you can get back out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is just fine today, and our lesson has been rescheduled. I wont tell him about it this time round.

      Delete
  2. Hopefully he’s better ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was just fine this morning. Obviously hear hard work was coming his way.

      Delete
  3. I know the feeling of a second fat horse too well right now. I hope you get the rain you need but then I also hope you get to show so...I dunno!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if I should get Coolie tested for EMS... UGH something else to worry about! It's something that has flagged for me in the past with him and now I am wondering about that more seriously.

      I'll take the rain, we are in the verge of a drought.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts