Planning

I am trying to be a most excellent public servant and concentrate on work but today I am struggling. I keep thinking about fun, exciting plans. Reading about water management just doesn’t compare when there are fun plans to be made.
Only a little bit awkward 
I decided a while ago I wanted to start having weekly flat lessons, and so far I’ve been sticking with that. I will keep it up for as long as I can and then if I have to will drop back to once per fortnight. If I feel like we need it then I’ll take a jumping lesson but mostly my jumping lessons will be when Jonna comes out every 4-6 weeks. So far this has worked nicely for us and our progression has been steady.

Since Henry was such a super star around his first XC course I am making plans for our first event. We are aiming for Gidgegannup CNC the first weekend of August, so we have plenty of time to practice. We will go to a few smaller shows before then and I am planning to go to the course to train around the XC so he knows what to expect. Hopefully we will get another session in at a different course, but I need to find some XC buddies. Mine have largely dispersed into other areas and interests.

We have a lesson on Saturday (to make up for Tuesdays lesson which I think Henry sabotaged on purpose!), which will be excellent preparation for our competition on Sunday if it doesn't get rained off.  Then the following weekend Jonna is over and we have 2 jumping lessons booked in. I am really looking forward to my lessons because we have progressed so much recently and Henry is feeling fantastic. I am really looking forward to building on that feeling. He's such a fun little horse.

Lately I have been looking at Coolie and his condition and comparing it to this time last year where he was a lean mean eventing machine. This year he is a chubby, hairy paddock pony who needs more work. I really need to get on him a couple of times a week consistently and I am starting to get an itch to take him out somewhere to compete. Just have to find the right thing to take him to that we will both enjoy.

It has finally started to rain, and it's so nice sitting inside listening to it. After the driest start to the year on record, it's a relief. 

Comments

  1. Managing two riding horses can be really tough. We have been really dry here too and it finally rained last night although not very much. Rain is supposed to come tomorrow through Monday and I really hope it does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully fatty gets ridden a bit but I'd like to see him in slightly better shape.

      I hope you get some rain!

      Delete
  2. gosh i love these pictures tho <3 <3 have fun with the plan-making!! i definitely agree that Coolie needs to get out and strut his stuff somewhere soon haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have even more pictures! I will never get sick of them because there is nothing cuter in this world. Just ask me ;)

      I'm keeping my eye out for the perfect show, but I better get my butt into gear before that.

      Delete
  3. I can't concentrate on work right now either. Love all the pictures- hopefully you find the time to get C back out doing some things!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts