Burn out

We have the last event of our season this weekend. There are a few more events being run, but I'm not feeling it. I'm not even really feeling this weekend, the last few weeks have been so hectic I'm feeling burnt out. Hopefully by the time we get there on Saturday I'll be able to switch on a bit more.

Like that one time 2 of my besties got married... 2 weeks apart!
Saturday started out looking like a nice relaxing day, with dressage not until 1 in the afternoon. Then Henry got his abscess and now we have to go back to the vet on Saturday morning, and by the time we get back from that I'll have to turn around and leave to get to the event. Luckily it's close to home! Henry is looking much more confident out in the paddock today, he even had a little trot and canter.


I don't have any goals for this weekend, other than stay on and get through it. I don't think I have ever felt like this going into an event, it's very weird. I really want to enjoy my weekend and just enjoy riding my horse. I'm going to try very hard to not worry about scores and just ride the damn horse! I won't check scores, I won't listen to other people talking about their scores. I'm just going to go and spend time with my horse and my friends. 

I think I am well and truly in summer mode, and ready to wind things back a bit. We have had a really hectic year, I've been out with the horses a lot plus other life things have made for a full on year. Especially the last 10 weeks which have been non stop. It's catching up with me now! So we get through this weekend and try and make the most of it. Next eventing season starts in March, but then we are away for a month March-April so I'm not sure what my season is going to look like yet. That means I don't really know when I will get my first eventing start so I want to make sure I really get the most out of this one last run of the season.

Summer mode!
I'm feeling confident, I know 100% my training is in place and this event shouldn't pose any issues for us. Dressage is what it is. We are never going to be total divas and I have to remember that we have improved no matter what the score says. I just want to ride forward in SJ and after our jump on Wednesday I feel a lot better at being able to do that. XC we have done at this venue so many times before, although we haven't run 95 there this year. I have slightly irrational anxiety about one jump on the course, even though we have jumped it multiple times before. Coolie has stopped at it once and now I seem to have a road block in my head about it. Reality is though he is just going to jump it! He is so much more solid in his training now though from the event where we got the stop so I just have to not think about it.

This jump. It's not even big!

Turns out I do have some goals for the weekend! Wish us luck, and one last good run for the year.


Comments

  1. Have fun! I hope you enjoy it once you get there!! :) Glad Henry is feeling better!! That jump up there YIKES LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I know I will when I’m there. Henry and I are currently waiting for the vet to check his healing progress and then he can have his shoe back on!

      Delete
  2. Have fun and good luck! I agree with Michele - that jump tho! Certainly looks big to me! lolol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It used to look big to me but looking back at that picture it looks small so hopefully it’s stays looking small and I won’t have to worry 😜

      Delete
  3. Oh man I know that burnout feeling - not my favorite going into a competition weekend!! I’m sure it’ll fade as you get into the zone tho ;) have fun and go jump all the jumps!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, we certainly tired to jump all the things, and I felt so much better when I was there

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts