Henry goes jumping

Saturday I took Henry out for a jumping lesson to prepare us for cross country training the following day.

After a busy morning making sure my wonderful Husband had everything he needed for his first time show jump judging, I had a bit of a blonde moment and forgot my bridle, not realising until I was at my lesson.

Luckily I was able to borrow one and that was the end of the drama for the morning. Henry worked really well, I had to make sure we kept my line and pace but when we did he tackled everything calmly and confidently.

We started off with trot poles, then built it up to a small cross. after i got myself sorted and made sure I was grabbing the neck strap and telling him to jump, and steering all at the same time Henry did a good job and actually jumped! We trotted over is a couple of times in each direction and called it a day, finishing with a really positive experience.

Comments

Popular Posts