Lessons

Following our jumping lesson a couple of weeks ago, last Monday I headed out to train cross country.

Our lesson from show jumping followed us on to cross country where Coolie Maintained his rhythm and I practiced not fiddling, keeping me leg on and allowing him to move up to the fence.

Coolie was feeling super and jumped really well. We nailed drops, terrain and the water and I managed to stop over riding and to just let the fences come to us. To top it off we had some sun and I had a day off work!

I rode Henry at home that day and then the saddle fitter came out and made some minor adjustments to both the boys saddles.

That night I got very sick which threw the rest of my week out! I was meant to have a lesson on Henry on Wednesday but I was still too sick and turned out so was my coach. It soon came to light that 16 people from our pony club had gotten sick with gastro so we were in good company.

I finally got back in the saddle on Friday and had a good ride on the flat with Coolie.

Saturday we shifted 8 tonnes of sand in the horses yards and after that I didn't feel much like riding.

Sunday I rode Henry and even after 6 days off he was super well behaved and listened well. I had meant to be going show jumping but decided it would be better not to, as we were forecast a heap of rain and I still wasn't 100%.
Henry can park!

I rode Coolie at home and every time I ride him he just seems to get better. He feels a totally different horse at the moment.
Matching rain coats

Last night I finally had my lesson on Henry. He self loaded on the float for the first time, hopped off at the end and stood calmly to be tacked up and then proceeded to behave so well for our lesson. He was a bit worried and distracted but listened well. I have to be quite firm and make sure I am not making any mistakes but he is progressing well and he tries very hard.
Looking a bit tired after our lesson

He self loaded on the float to go home again and was very pleased to see Coolie when we got back.
Still a bit ribby but he has grown and filled out a bit

This weekend Coolie and I are competing at Gidgegannup CNC and I am really looking forward to it!

Comments

Popular Posts