Sit in the saddle!

To round off the long weekend, after a quiet Sunday spent hacking the horses, Coolie and I hit the XC course!

We hadn't jumped a solid fence since Brigadoon last year where we retired on course so when a friend mentioned she was going I quickly invited myself along.

Coolie was super from the get go. I was expecting a lot of sass from him but he was all business. We warmed up over some logs, and progressed to a skinny upright and a roll top. That went really well, and I decided to tackle an upright brush. It was a decent sized fence but we were on fire. I set up the jump, and everything was just as it should be. Except I saw a perfect take off point and jumped ahead of Coolie who thought he would just add his extra half stride. As you can imagine it worked out great. If great means I hit the deck.

Bugger.

With my ego firmly back in its place I tackled a different, smaller brush fence which we nailed the first time before we moved onto one of the water jumps.
Oh look, it goes much better when one sits down.

The facility we went to has a lot of jumps. Too many really, it can be very hard to put jumps together because there are so many you can't work out what will flow well. The other draw back is nothing is pinned so you have to choose carefully because if you hit something it could fall and cause other issues.

Anyway we had some fun in the lake water jump, although Coolie had an issue with a roll top into the water. It was a large fence but he took issue with it and stopped twice. I jumped a different roll top into the water that was set further back and that wasn't an issue. We went to the second water and jumped into the water there with no issues so luckily that button isn't broken!

By then we had been out for a while, and it was getting hot so we called it a day. Possibly not the best day out but productive and fun all the same. One day I'll learn to SIT DOWN before a jump. Now I have a bruise to remind me of that lesson! I was pleased Coolie felt so established and how he was right down to business. It means we can get right back into it when we come home from our holiday.


Comments

  1. We have a local venue overstocked with jumps as well. Its nice ubt also kinda intimidating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, a sea of jumps is fun in theory but in reality it's just too much

      Delete
  2. He looks really good in those pics! Sorry about the fall and stops but rest sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just need to brush the dust off and things will be back to normal.

      Delete
  3. Falling is never any fun but I am glad you are no worse for wear and that you have the opportunity to school at a place like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys look great (except uh, maybe that first picture, lol)! So jealous of that facility and all those jumps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! We are lucky to have the oppourtunities we do considering how remote we are!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts