Fun stuff!

Something really exciting happened yesterday! It RAINED. I know, so many people are sick of rain but hey I'm appreciating a damp day. It makes a nice change from the endless dust. Maybe one day we will get some more rain?

It was so muggy yesterday though, and gross Wednesday too. Since the weekend Henry feels even more grown up, so his rides this week have been very short. Also riding when it's muggy is gross and uninspiring.

Yesterday Coolie and I went in the bush, since it was not a good day for arena work. The council have recently put a new firebreak in, and so we went exploring. It makes access along the creek so much easier, and we don't have our slightly precarious creek crossing anymore. It's quite a relief.
Goodbye! 

It was quiet in the bush, and everything smelt damp, I love the smell of the bush when it hasn't rain in so long. The eucalypt scent is strong, you can smell the dust, and the rocks. It's extra quiet and all the animals are more active. We saw roos, and foxes plus loads of birds. We also found a helium balloon.
Balloon!

Coolie was not convinced by the balloon. It was going to kill him. There was snorting, prancing and serious side eye happening as I rode him up to it. He got over himself and I picked it up to take home and bin. Because I am basically 12 I was pretty happy to find a balloon! I tied it onto my belt and it came along for the ride.
Just us and our balloon!

Coolie had 2 speeds yesterday, flat out and stop. His walk was as fast as possible, his trot was as fast as possible and his canter was me clinging on trying to stop a wild galloping beast. He clearly enjoys our current schedule and has been really enjoying our rides.

When we got back to the back gate, I looked at the lovely new fire break, with its nice footing and gentle rolling hill and thought to myself what a great gallop track. So we tested it out! The best part is about 200m long with a small hill in the middle. It was PERFECT and Coolie went flat out We went out and back once, then trotted out and back to cool out. The trot Coolie did was the biggest he has ever done! I laughed like a crazy person (balloon still attached!) and patted him.
The end of the good gallop bit. 

Some days you just gotta enjoy the ride, and gallop your pony! With a balloon because why the hell not!




Comments

  1. I can picture you with a massive grin and a balloon trailing behind as you gallop freely. What a wonderful ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, that just sounds like perfection <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. My horse would have definitely freaked out over the balloon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts