Mr 5

Ahhh the weekend, the perfect time to relax, not do too much and stay home... not!
Andrew up a ladder with a laptop

This weekend we kicked things off with digging all the sand out of the horses yards, and replacing it. We moved about 4 tonnes of sand all up and while it was hard work it needed to be done. A downside of having the horses at home I guess. On the upside I didn't need to work out.

Today Andrew and I took Mr 5 to a show jumping training day as one of our last outings of the season. It was a very relaxed day, even though we had an early start since I had to be on at 8. Luckily it was close to home so after the horses galloped around and avoided being caught we were on our way with time to spare.

Henry in true Henry style unloaded, looked around and promptly went to sleep. He was curious about the other floats coming in but mostly he just wanted to nap. I got on, walked around and made sure we both took a big breath. After that we warmed up and I pooped him over a cross rail... which he proceeded to trot over, merely elevating his legs slightly. He showed a little bit more enthusiasm about the oxer. A few repetitions and we were ready to go in.


Lucky us we got to go first. I picked up canter and off we went. Our first course went well, Henry was steady and jumped all the jumps, I made sue I wasn't pulling, I was soft with my hand s and just supported Henry to the jumps. Kiddo was a very clever little horse and jumped all the jumps easily. I had to bring him back to trot to correct his lead but all up it was cute.


We had a second round not long after and this one was even better. This round we were even more confident, and we landed all but one of our leads. I sat up more and we cruised around pretty well. Henry still has to work out his legs, but things are going well.

It was a super little outing and Henry will have gained even more confidence from it. We were home by 9, then did a few chores and had a relaxing day. All up a very successful, easy outing and it was lovely to get home early!
I did some chainsawing!


Comments

  1. Aw he looks great in the video - really makes nothing of any of the jumps! He’s gonna be so cool ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really is when he gets more established. I imagine he will progress quite quickly once the basics are really solid.

      Delete
  2. Henry looks so game! What an awesome guy you have. Glad it was successful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! He is a very good sport and I think starting to understand what his life is all about.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts