Crazy Saturdays

Saturday was a super hectic day! Coolie and Henry were entered in the the competition on the Sunday so I had to ride, wash and plait both of them. Plus we went to the Saturday morning Park Run. We are dog sitting so miss Lucy joined us for her first Park Run. We expected to go very slow but we smashed out our fastest time yet. Lucy loved it, and was so happy to be running and following all the other people!

I jumped Henry and worked on establishing the canter over the fences. We started with the same exercise I did with Coolie in my lesson on Friday. It was very useful helping Henry keep his rhythm and balance. From there we built up a course maintaining the canter. He did a super job. The rhythm, and straightness needs a lot of work but he managed a whole course maintaining a good rhythm, jumping all the jumps and even getting the correct canter leads!

Coolie and I went for a nice ride in the bush and then I washed both the horses and plaited them. Henry was very patient and stood nicely. Coolie was for once too!

The other part of competing 2 horses... cleaning 3 saddles, 3 bridles, 2 breastplates, my boots and Coolies halter that was still covered in dust from Moora. It's good to get it all cleaned but it does take quite some time before a comp.

We had friends over for dinner and ate very yummy Mexican food I somehow managed to cook with Husband among all the other things we got done. A very productive day, I was ready for my bed at the end. It was probably the best way to spend a Saturday!

Comments

  1. aww look at Henry cantering a course like an adult!! what a good boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He can be so grown up I forget he is a baby!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts