Dryandra CNC - Dressage

Fresh from our 2 days with Jonna, Andrew and I packed up the car for our favorite drive down to Dryandra. The whole drive was foggy and at times visibility was really low. It made for an interesting drive!

My dressage was at 11.30, and I planned to keep my warm up to about 15 minutes, and really utsilise my time around the arena, and the 45 seconds I have after the judge sounds the horn.

Coolie warmed up feeling really good. He was responsive, in front of my leg and very much on side. I was pleased we could warm up next to our arena too, which I knew would help keep his head in the game.

I managed 2 laps of the arena before we were tooted, and managed to keep the tension under control. Unfortunately Coolie got a little behind my leg when we entered the arena, but I was please with his trot work, he showed some really nice extended trot, and his canter wasn't too bad. Over all I was very pleased with the test, just need to work on our transitions a bit more and keep him in front of my leg in the test.




I came out feeling very pleased and hopeful I would be sitting midfield. Unfortunately the judge disagreed with me, and we were second last after dressage. Our marks weren't terrible, but I don't feel they reflected the test. The judge was fair across the board though, and scores were very tight!



At least eventing is 3 phases,  not just one and jumping is always more fun so I was looking forward to seeing the XC and the jumping phases on Sunday.

I spent the rest of Saturday helping friends and spectating, walking the horses around, walking the XC course and eating.

Comments

  1. lol i feel like the idea of "i was happy with my test and felt it was reasonably consistent and good! but... the judge disagreed" could describe almost every single test i do with charlie....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I think it's a pretty common feeling!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts