I'm not a teenager any more

I have a bunch of posts in draft, all waiting for photos. Then last Sunday I decided to take the boys show jumping to a new venue. 

Henry was fresh and a little wild but jumped around clear in his first round. Our second round he was much more settled but after a jump he went a little left and I went a little right and I lost my stirrup. No biggie, but I should have circled, got it back and kept going. 

Oh no, I decided to jump with 1. Bad move, we jumped, landed and I hit the dirt, HARD.

Do I have a video of my fall? Yes

I knew right away my collar bone was broken, but my hip was also in a bad way. 1 trip to the ED later and I have a sore hip with nothing broken, a broken collar bone and a broken rib. 

A week and a half later, things are still very sore and I am so bored. So lesson learnt, I can't jump with 1 stirrup like days of old! I'm sure I'll be back riding in no time, but at this point I have no idea how long my recovery will take, so I have kissed goodbye to the rest of the season. For the record, looking after a 1 year old with one working arm is not easy, especially when I could barely move the first week after my fall. 

This is the extent of the bruising, it was also swollen and the nerves are damaged. Yay

It's not very speccy, I kinda just slide off.

Comments

  1. I hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! We don't bounce much past about 40! But I gotta ask -- what is that yellow flower?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts