Hidden benefits

Social distancing wasn't a word I was familiar with at  the beginning of the year, and like everyone my diary was packed with plans from start to finish. Since they have vanished I have this thing called... spare time!

I don't remember when I had weekends that were free, I didn't have to rush on work days, and there are no competition goals. Plus working from home means I don't spend an hour in the car so I don't have to rush!

Suddenly I have time, and it's a gift. Working from home is amazing, and I get a lot more done in a work day now too.

This weekend was spent replacing the sand in the horses yards. It ended up being a really big job, we pulled all the sand out, about 5T, then needed to fill in the the holes in the limestone base. Finally we but 6T of sand back in. It was a big job but it looks so much nicer. We added extra sand this time round and I think the horses are more comfortable for it.
Limestone base + chooks

We also moved the chook pen, restrained the fencing, made Coolie two diet paddocks and walked the dog.

I promised myself that when I started working from home I would cycle to the horses. So I have been doing that too! It's so, so nice to be able to do the thing I just don't have time for.
All the sand we put back in

We have more paddock maintenance on the agenda, and my tack shed desperately needs cleaning and organising again.

I have spent time just being around the horses, and no competition goals means that I have been honing in on all the little improvements that need to be made without worrying about getting things 'ready' for competing.
Finished!

I spend more time fussing with the pets, more time actually at home, and I feel like there is a sense of peace in life right now.

I am very lucky to be able to continue to take lessons, that I can still see my family, that I can take the extra time with all the animals, and that Andrew and I can work together without any tension.
My little WFH buddy

Comments

Popular Posts