Birthday weekend shenanigans

This weekend I turned 30. Originally I had a big party planned, in fact I had been planning it for a few years and had been really looking forward to it. However when Covid started to pick up momentum and Australian officials were predicting the peak would happen at the end of April I knew the party wouldn't happen.

I had a four day weekend thanks to my usual Friday off and a public holiday on Monday, and even with covid restrictions I managed to fill the weekend with fun plans. On Friday I loaded Coolie up and met a friend at her place to have a ride out. Since Coolie is living the very easy life right now I have just been riding him in his snaffle, without a drop noseband and without rings on  my breastplate. I regretted all of these decisions during our ride.

We had a very fast ride with a lot of galloping. We also explored a new track when Coolie  kept  galloping when I asked him to stop. That was fun, although breaks would have been good too. He was feeling extremely fresh and happy to be out and about and although he was a twit I am glad he feels good.

Saturday I went riding with a different friend somewhere I haven't been before. I took Henry and he was so perfect! He led the way over a scary water crossing, didn't flinch at alpacas and crossed a wooden bridge very bravely! I was so proud of him. After we were done riding we had a mini picnic which I hadn't known about and it was such a lovely surprise.
Rosie doesn't do social distancing!

Sunday Andrew had told me he had organised a surprise and that I had to be ready at 10.30. I rode Henry in the morning and we had a brilliant ride, then went home and got all ready for who knew what! There was a knock at the door and one of my girlfriends was outside! I got to meet her baby for the first time and we had a nice, though brief catchup. Then a little while later there was another knock at the door and another friend appeared with lunch! She stayed for a few hours before another friend came round. It was so nice to see my friends in the flesh, and generally a really lovely way to spend the day.
Also made a fancy cake

Monday was my actual birthday, and after walking Rosie I rode Henry and we did some jumping. The neighbours where removing some trees on their place and they let me know they were about to take a big one down. I hopped off to be safe but Henry barley flinched. He was more alert after that but we had a very fun ride.

I spent the rest of the day hanging out with my family eating and playing board games. I got some lovely presents, and the premier announced they are going to start lifting restrictions starting with allowing gatherings of up to 10 people! Very exciting and such a relief.

It was a lovely weekend spent with friends, possible one of the best birthdays I have ever had, I am so grateful for my family and friends, they are all very special  people.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts