Intrepid explorers

In light of everything getting cancelled, my friends and I met up for a trail ride over the weekend. Up to the weekend Australia had very little info regarding what we should and shouldn’t be doing so this was still ok, in fact we were being encouraged to go out. Advice has since changed (although is still quite unclear!) and the PM blasted us for going out so who the fuck knows! The hospitality industry has effectively been shut down, and there are millions losing their jobs around the country. My heart goes out to them.

Anyway, my friends and I went exploring, using my exceptional navigational skills. We had a pretty epic time, scaling some big hills and appreciating the breathtaking views all around us as we climbed. We met a few people out and about but they were all scared of horses so there was plenty of distance between us. Once we were past the main trail and into trails never before explored we saw no one except some feral goats and not-feral kangaroos! Both horses came for the ride, Coolie was ridden by my friend whose horse is having some feet issues.

Both boys behaved impeccably as I would expect and I appreciated just how chilled and easy they are. I am so lucky to have two horses who really are the go anywhere, do anything type. Well, Coolie is and Henry is going to be that way!




After our ride we all went to a local brewery, visited my friends foal and watched our puppies play together like two crazies. I didn’t look at my phone or check the time for hours, and it was so nice to just relax and be in the moment. It’s nice to not have to rush anywhere, there is nowhere to rush to. I am appreciating the time I can take, to slow down and smell the roses. It was such a lovely day, and it will be the last time we get to do that for a good long while I imagine.

Sadly new restrictions have meant that Jonna is unable to come to Perth, however I have a lesson this weekend assuming further restrictions don’t come into place. For now, I will enjoy the horses and take appropriate precautions.


Comments

Popular Posts