Whats next?

After a number of full on weekends, the next 2 weeks are relativity quiet. This weekend I am coaching at the local pony club and the following weekend there are no plans I know of!

I have made the very grown up and difficult decision (I feel like a bad mum!) to only take Dakota to the Perth Horse Trials. This is for a number of reasons:

1. It's expensive! $145 for EvA80 and $155 for EvA95
2. Coolie doesn't need the run. He knows what he is doing out there, he knows his job, and he isn't getting any younger
3. It's far more relaxing only taking one horse!
4. I'd like to fine tune a few things with Dakota, we were one rail off placing at Gidge. One damn rail that was all MY fault!

So even though I feel like Dakota is replacing Coolie, and I am being a total pansy not taking him, I am doing it for all the right reasons.

Captain Underpants!
The next event for Coolie is Fairbridge in September. The plan for him is to flat, jump and bush ride him at least once each week, and a dressage lesson with Manu, and a XC and SJ session with my coach. Basically I'm going to keep him fit and happy, with the aim of an improved dressage score, and clear SJ and XC at Fairbridge.

Dakota will also have a lesson with Manu, so we should be on the ball for PHT. I am hoping to take her XC and SJ with my coach too. So the next 2 weeks are going to be rather full for her! Our aim for PHT is more relaxation in dressage, I want her working over the back and into the contact. So I need to be able to add more leg without cantering. I also want her to go clear XC and no rails show jumping! Need to lift my game.

Comments

Popular Posts