Lesson Fridays

It has been a full on weekend and we still have another day to go!

Friday evening Coolie and I had a jumping lesson. I haven't had many lessons on him this year really. I would like to have them weekly but time flies by and before I know it it's been a month.

Anyhoo, we warmed up with the same exercise as we did with Craig, a pole on the ground then turning to a cavalletti. We got it right very quickly and then moved on to putting a course together. Coolie was jumping very well, and I was having to make decisions early.

When I made a decision early the course rode well. When I didn't decide it was messy, lacked rhythm or we had a rail. It was very good for me! It helped me realise I need to be more present when I ride. Just another thing to add to all the things I need to think about.


Coolie for his part was listening so well, and we kept having a conversation throughout the course. We started over our cavalletti, then 2 uprights 5 strides apart. My first decision was if we went for  more forward 5, or a collected 6. How we met the cavalletti set us up for the first line and if I didn't realise and make a decision it just didn't ride as well. From there we turned left to a one stride double which we managed to ride well every time. Then left again ver the upright we started over to an oxer on a bending line.

This line was much trickier and  cause me a few issues but we got there in the end. I really needed to ride a good turn and keep a forward rhythm. Next we turned right and back over the 6 stride related line, over the double and then around to a triple bar.
Pretty sure we jumped bigger than this!

Our last round was particularly great we nailed all the lines, I made good decisions and we soared over the triple bar. Coolie jumped his heart out and I rode how I should always ride! Bec was very pleased, and the jumps were set at about 105, and all felt very do-able.

My position felt quite solid and I was giving and allowing so much more with  my hands which really allowed Coolie to do his job properly.

I felt very ready and prepared for our competition on Sunday.

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and enjoyed their adventures.

Comments

Popular Posts