Planning

all systems are go for the last 2 events of the season. The last few weeks since Fairbridge have been about refinement and tweaking plans.

We had a long weekend recently so I spent time riding in the bush, and admiring the wildflowers.

We also took selfies. D likes selfies!
Last weekend D and I had a clinic with my coach. It was exactly what we needed, helping us build on what we already have. I have some new tools to get D working a bit longer, as she tends to get tense and shorten her neck. We had a fantastic show jumping lesson, where again she kept up with bigger, more experienced horses than her. I realised yet again that having a big horse isn't everything. She was far easier to adjust, and as a combination we found the exercise the easiest as a result.

Show jumping at Fairbridge
After Fairbridge my coach told us we would be 95 in no time. After the clinic I got a text message to the same effect. At Fairbridge we had the opportunity to buy a rider video which showed every fence. It was the first time this company has come over to WA, so OH bought my one (he is a very proud horse dad!). It was so cool to watch us tackle every fence. I will sometimes see one or two, but not a whole course. https://vimeo.com/channels/ridervideo/183478561

It showed me that D is very confident out there and we don't have a heap to fix. It also made me realise that we will upgrade sooner than I thought we would and so I have started training for that!
Coolie!
In other news I have started to ride Coolie again. Walking only, but I am pleased to be back in the saddle. I know my horses are very different but my body has been telling me just how different they are after 6 weeks of only riding one horse!
Bonus pic of goats and OH!

Comments

Popular Posts