Beach days!

 Well, it's just getting hotter and hotter here, so what better way to cool off than at the beach. It has been a few years since we last went, but I've been feeling braver about taking Henry since the last incident and Coolies rider wanted to go so off we went.

I was VERY nervous. The night before was not very restful but I told myself over and over I didn't have to take him, that he's a much more trained horse now and an all round good boy. In the morning my nerves had settled so we loaded both horses up and set off. The beach is about 40 minutes away and we headed ot early to get to the beach when it would hopefully be empty. 

Proof we got wet!

We arrived and we were the only ones there. We quickly threw the horses bridles on and led them down to the beach. Coolie had his rider wrapped around his hoof and I had warned her he needs a firm, confident hand at the beach. He is a star at the beach but I think has to work hard so he would rather not.  Anyway, he decided he couldn't get wet. He did eventually get wet but he pulled the wool over her eyes for a bit there. 

Maybe this water stuff isn't so bad

Henry for his part was super. He was nervous and had a very worried eye when we got there but gradually settled. It took him a while to get his feet wet, it wasn't until I realised I hadn't got my feet wet and stood in the water that he also stood in the water. Then he went in and out a few times and he was a lot more relaxed. He stood around in the water a bit and we went for a walk. Then I got on!

View from the top! Dolphin splashes and everything

I really didn't think I would get to that point, but it felt right so it happened. It was absolutely amazing. We went for a walk in the water and he was very good about it. Nervous for sure but a good boy. We even saw dolphins playing! Henry was not convinced about those, but I thought it was cool. We watched them for ages, a good 15 minutes or so. We got quite close to them, I think they came to have a look at us! 

Finishing with a roll x4

A very successful beach outing! I'm excited to take him back next week!





Comments

Popular Posts