Re-calibrating

How are we all doing? Hanging in there? Fucking weird shit going on right now!

Right now I am grateful I live on a fucking huge island thousands of k's from anyone else, and that I live in Perth which is one of the most isolated citys out there. That's not to say we are safe though because we aren't and the apocalypse  Covid-19 is here to stay. But it does provide us with some protection and for that I am grateful.

Right now life is 'business as usual'. I work for a government agency so we still have to go to work, and for once I am so pleased. It's a sense of normality on a world where things change rapidly every day. I like many people who also suffer from anxiety (and those who previously haven't!) are taking a hit right now. This is basically my worst nightmare but we will be ok, and in a few months we will look back and think how fucked it was and then move on.

With the cancellation of events into May I find myself suddenly rudderless. Our first eventing date was this weekend and I had been moving towards that goal. In some ways it's better the season never started, because we can just extend the summer training program, work harder and come out better than ever.

Plans will be remade, mine have already changed. Things will go back to normal, but for now we try and find solace in an ever changing world. It's tough.
Henry has been accessorising 

On the bright side, I can still ride my ponies. I can keep progressing at home and in lessons, plus Jonna has confirmed he is still gonna fly over the first weekend of April.

I had a bloody brilliant ride on Henry on Wednesday. Things clicked and the contact issue was much less of a problem. I am learning, yay! Coolie has a lot of pole work in his future, he needs to build up more muscle. Henry too for that matter. Plus bush riding. That totally counts as social distancing, low risk activity.

I have another blog in the works about xc schooling last weekend, I have just been a bit slow to update things, Stupid virus has left me feeling a bit down really.
We had a night where the boys needed rugs, back to summer now though

Please, if you need to talk shoot me an email, comment on here or speak to someone else. The world is in this together, I am in a different timezone, so I can reply when maybe no one else is awake.


Comments

  1. I’m in healthcare so it is business as usual here except for all the financial impact and worry about how my friends and family will make it through. We will tho.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts