Game on

In light of Henry's impending eventing debut, I have been looking at the calendar planning how the next 6 and a bit weeks will look like. I want to give him the best shot I can at success and in my world that means lots of plans (I am pretty sure my husband is inwardly groaning at me!).

This weekend we have 2 jumping lessons with Jonna. I think all our flatwork practice will see us making some really good in roads here, and I have a feeling Henry is going to be feeling super confident. We need to work more on his form, and I'd like to make sure my position is strong too.

Yesterday the saddle fitter came out, since Henry has been changing shape heaps and I know my jumping saddle isn't fitting quite right. Plus, I've been swapping saddles around and Henry and I are both liking my KN which is currently fitted to Coolie. I am hoping the saddle fitter can tweak it to raise it at the front a bit. I would really like to use this saddle long term with Henry if it will fit him correctly. If not then I guess I'll start the search for something else (I hope not because saddle shopping is the worst). Both saddle got tweaked and I noticed the difference when I rode right away!

Andrew has been riding Coolie in another dressage saddle so that needs to be fitted too, but as far as I can tell that only needs minor alterations. It's been fitted to him before so that should be easy to get sorted.

Next weekend I have booked in XC training at the course Henry and I are going to compete at. Schooling there will mean he will have seen most of the jumps before we compete there and we can train over the banks and ditches that will be in the course.
trying to avoid this again lol

I have been scouring the calendar for show jumping and dressage comps (that I won't scratch from, no matter the weather!) and have a few things that will be well placed to prepare us. I will also keep up with the weekly lessons and hopefully Jonna will be back out before the event as well.

I have plans to go XC training right before the event too at another course just to ensure everything is fresh and if everything pans out the way I imagine it, we will be right as rain.

Since I was looking at the calendar I've also picked out a few event dates for the rest of the season. I have decided to enter Coolie at Wooroloo, in the EvA80 class. We have a bit of work to do before then, getting him fit and making sure his training is on track. We will need to get on a XC course before then! I imagine he is going to feel very jolly at being out and about but I am really looking forward to it.

In addition to Gidge and Wooroloo, I would love to take Henry to Moora, Swan River Horse Trials and Brigadoon. I am very excited about the rest of the season, it's going to be so much fun to be back out eventing again.

Comments

  1. OMG that picture at the ditch! That looks like it HURT on landing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that ditch photo. OMG i would have to frame that and put it on the mantle. LOLLOL I am glad you were okay. Sounds like a great plan with all the events and the saddle fitting etc. You sure are busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, if I framed it I wouldn't stop laughing at myself!

      Delete
  3. eeeeeee so many fun plans!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts