Jet lag

Having previously travelled to the UK, I have never really suffered from jet lag. This time round it has kicked my arse. It SUCKS, and trying to get back into a regular routine is hard. Adding to that the really short days and I have no idea if I am coming or going.

Over the weekend wasn't so bad, both horses were awesome to work but it was 30C and they had full blown winter coats plus 4 weeks of which meant they were suffering. So Sunday was the day to fix what I could.

I bought new clippers at the end of last year, cordless Heiniger Sapphires. The are small and light and so much easier to use than my by corded Deltas. Clipping was definitely made so much easier having the two sets as while my deltas are big and cumbersome, they get the main parts done quickly and the little ones finish the job great.

I ummed and ahhed about what clip to give the boys but in the end went for a hunter for them both because they both had so much hair. Coolie was as always, very skeptical about the clippers but stood well. His coat is not forgiving to clip since he is two completely different colours. Hen was even easier to clip for the most part, except for near his head because the clippers tickled him too much. I left his face on because I wasn't going to battle with him and you really can't tell!

I think they were both relieved to get rid of all the hair but they were mighty fresh on Monday night when it was cool and windy.

In other news my car got fixed so with a bit of fitness added back to the horses we will once again be back to our fun horsey adventures, starting with a few lessons from Jonna. I can't wait!

Comments

  1. their expressions crack me up! Ha oh mom you are back (Face palm). Also love the header of your blog now that photo is great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither of them are overly thrilled but they get more carrots now, so they deal with it. I love it too!

      Delete
  2. omgosh jet lag is the worst... and i've only ever really flown <8hrs at a time. glad you're settling back in tho, the boys look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never suffered as I suffered this time around! Thanks, not too fat which is a relief

      Delete
  3. Coolie's face is priceless. Hope the jet lag goes away quickly so you can get back to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty sure he is telling me to leave the country again!

      Delete
  4. Jet lag had my number when I went to Japan - you essentially lose a whole day. Your ponies were obviously thrilled to get a spring clean up lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts