Pretty skies

It's been a quiet week for us this week. I was sick so no one got ridden Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday I felt a bit better so of course both ponies got ridden.

Coolie had a nice easy ride to stretch him out after the weekend, then Henry had a quick ride, mostly in the dark. Winter is coming, the days are getting shorter and while I'm ready for it to cool off I don't want the long days to end.
So pretty!

Henry was convinced the bird in the trees was going to kill him. It rustled the leaves a few times, so he was very suspicious after that. He couldn't understand why I kept making him go into the danger zone. Other than that it was an easy ride, and he felt good after his unplanned week off.

Yesterday I rode both boys again, Henry in the day light this time! I'm very happy with how his transitions are. They are so light, I just think about them and they happen! We did nothing exciting, I need more input from my lesson. I clearly survive on homework, or maybe I just need to get more inventive and start pushing for more things.
Majestical

Coolie and I ran through our dressage test for the weekend. He was feeling good, happy to be working. We did nothing groundbreaking. Just an ordinary week really!

I am looking forward to my lessons over the weekend, and our training day. Coolie and I also have a physio appointment each on Sunday arvo so I am really hoping we are done jumping in time, we both need it.
Good pony, pretty clouds

On another note, we have a magpie who hangs around and is very chatty. They like to eat the horses food and I often find them right in the feed buckets. Magpies are good mimics, not quite on parrot level but pretty good. I'll often be doing something in the paddock and a maggie will be chatting away and I'll hear a horse whinny and then neigh, except none of the horses will have said a word, and it sounds a bit like a recording. It happened a few timese before I worked out it's the bloody magpie mimicking the horses. I hear him all the time now, but he always stops once I get my phone out to record him! I think he's clever, magpies are such smart birds.

Comments

Popular Posts